Looking for gadget ideas to add to your own Christmas wish list or looking for gift suggestions for a techie on your list? This list has some of the hot products of 2014 across different budgets so you will be able to find something for everybody.
Looking to take great action shots? Check out the GoPro Hero4 Black for a durable video camera that makes for great YouTube content.
Already have a GoPro? How about GoPro accessories like the GoPro Fetch, a camera harness mount for your dog, or the 3-way grip pack. The Feiyu G3 Ultra 3-axis steadycam mount could also remove the shake from your videos.
The Kodak Pixpro is another camera for extreme situations. It allow for panorama videos in all sorts of environments.
Turn your speakers into wireless streaming speakers with the Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter. This accessory can allow your speaker system to pair with your smartphone or other devices to remove the cables or extend the range.
The world is finally moving past earbuds. Get high quality, noise cancelling over-the-ear headphones like the Parrot Zik 2.0, the Plantronics BackBeat Pro, the Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones, or the Bose QuietComfort 25.
Google’s Chromecast is being knocked down to $25 for many Black Friday deals this year.
Improve your phone and tablet charging with the Powerslayer Smart Wall Charger that turns off when the battery is fully charged. Saving energy and your battery.
Tired of being in the cool data center but stuck with a serial connection. Use the Airconsole 2 to adapt your serial connection to Wifi or Ethernet.
Put network testing in your pocket with the LinkSprinter 200 from Fluke Networks.
Microsoft Press has 55% off all books and eBooks if you need to study for a cert exam or brush up on IT or developer information.
Here are some recent technical and not-so-technical books that might look good under the tree. No batteries required unless you get the ebook.
- Windows Internals, Book 1: User Mode (7th Edition) (Pre-order)
- The Practice of Cloud System Administration
- Spam Nation
- How Google Works
- Haunted Empire: Apple After Steve Jobs
- @War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
- The CG Story: Computer-Generated Animation and Special Effects
- Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
- Flash Boys: The Wall Street Revolt
- The $11 Billion Year: From Sundance to the Oscars, an Inside Look at the Changing Hollywood System
- The Science of Interstellar
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride
- How Star Wars Conquered the Universe: The Past, Present, and Future of a Multibillion Dollar Franchise
Toys and Games
Use your iOS or Android device to control race cars driving around a track on your floor or table with Anki DRIVE.
Decorate your desk with a fun reference to this Summer’s hottest movie. Get a bobble action figure with Dancing Groot from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
If you have the other console, the Nintendo Wii U, be sure to pick up Super Smash Bros 4 for Wii U.
Surge is back! Get a 12-pack of Surge from Coke delivered by Amazon.
Around the House
For the holidays, pick up a tactical Christmas stocking.
Go green and save water with the Evolve showerhead adapter. It pauses the flow of water once it reaches a good temperature.
The company that makes Big Ass Fans is making a LED Shop Light.
Paired with your phone or just tracking your activity, wearables are a big topic this year.
Tablets tend to not have a 2-year contract tied with them like smartphones, so they might be a better bet for a holiday gift.
The variety of devices also means there is plenty of room for accessories.