Guest posting or guest blogging refers to writing and publishing a blog or article on another website. It’s usually an overlooked essential discipline when it comes to building links. It’s a great way to connect with your audience, giving them something new every time.
Guest posting helps build relationships, and it’s good for search engines. Backlinks brought about by guest posting raise the value of your website, making content easier to find or crawl through and analyze (indexed) by different search engines, like Google.
That said, below are the reasons why people are using guest posting to build links:
Guest Posting Helps Share Personal Insights While Building Quality Links
Mass guest posting solely to build links is a dead practice. Today, guest posting is used to share knowledge and personal insights while also building high-quality links. This is why blogs or articles should be written by writers who are experts about the topic or niche. Outsourcing content creation to writers without knowledge about your brand or business niche may just stuff your guest blogs with keyword-rich anchor links punishable by search engines.
Consider guest blogging if you have original insights or knowledge to share. If you’re busy to create your content, hire a trusted, reputable, and experienced agency like NO BS Marketplace. Choose a guest posting service provider with a good track record and can provide you with foolproof credentials and portfolio, as well as support when you have immediate concerns.
Guest Posting Helps Build Links That Drive Traffic And Retain Customers
One of the advantages of guest posting is that it allows you to drive more visitors or traffic to your website. However, it’s not good to guest post just any content, such as those that lack insight, are of low-quality quality, and are not associated with a real author. Make sure that your content is authentic, engaging, and helpful to your target audience to keep them coming back.
Here are some tips and tricks when deciding on what content to guest post:
- Write about a topic that you’re well knowledgeable of. For instance, if you’ve been working in affiliate marketing all your life, write a post about basic to advanced affiliate marketing strategies.
- Share work results, tactics, and case studies that have worked for you. Sharing your experiences can drive higher reader satisfaction and better rankings.
- Avoid guest posts containing links that lead to spam search engine-optimized affiliate sites. Even subtle link spamming is frowned upon by Google, such as stuffing keyword-rich links and using similar or the same content across different guest posting sites.
- Write original content. Avoid writing variations of the same article and spreading them as guest posts.
Get Relevant Backlinks With Desired Anchor Texts
Guest posting is one of the best ways to get relevant backlinks with desired anchor texts. Backlinks refer to incoming links from another site or web page to another. In short, when a web page links to another page, it is referred to as a backlink. On the other hand, an anchor text pertains to a clickable and visible text in a hyperlink.
In 2012, Google rolled out Penguin, which focuses on content link quality. Google discovered that artificial link-building strategies were used to increase ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is why Google targeted these spammy guest posts and private blog networks, penalizing websites for abusing link-building schemes.
If you want to get relevant backlinks with your desired anchor text, choose high-authority sites. Don’t associate your website or brand with spammy sites. Doing so will prevent you from getting penalized by Google, which can affect your search engine optimization (SEO). Only engage in good SEO practices when it comes to building links via guest blogging.
Building Links Using Guest Posting Helps Increase Your Domain Authority
Domain Authority (DA) refers to the ranking score of search engines developed by Moz. It predicts how well your website ranks on SERPs. If you have high-quality and relevant backlinks, you’ll be able to increase your domain authority. A Domain Authority score from 1 to 100 have higher scores, which means having a greater chance to rank.
One can judge your site by its domain rating. If you have a high DA score, you’ll attract other websites to link to your site, including authority sites. This is why it’s crucial to choose the guest posting sites you’ll be using to avoid affecting your domain rating.
Guest Blogging Helps Gain High-Quality Links From Authority Domains
Guest posting provides a great opportunity to gain high-quality links for a DA of over 30. This is why guest posting can help a website quickly rank in search engines. Therefore, it’s important to identify domain authorities that are offering high-quality guest posting opportunities.
Here are the important things to look for when identifying high-quality guest posting opportunities:
- Websites operating in a similar niche or industry.
- Having an audience that matches your target customers.
- Signs of high engagement, such as high social share counts or several comments on posts.
- Strong content distribution to ensure multiple views on your content.
- Check for exclusivity by determining if the website only accepts contributors with a good reputation and ideas. You can do this by browsing the website and check their contributors.
- Determine if the site provides no-follow-links or follow links. It’s harder to get follow links from larger publications, blogs, or sites maintaining high editorial standards. Websites offering follow links are usually smaller with less authority, and less likely to help your SEO efforts.
Guest posting is one of the most preferred ways to build links. It fosters good partnerships or connections among other bloggers and business owners, attracts more visitors or traffic, and helps improve your domain authority. Instead of focusing on your website alone, trying out different ways to gain high-quality links like guest blogging can help your site rank higher and boost your sales, most especially if you have an e-commerce store. But of course, always make sure to engage in healthy link-building practices and avoid spammy sites to attain your goals.