Ubiquiti Labs announced today that it is offering a standalone version of the AmpliFi HD wireless router. This is Ubiquiti’s first foray into the consumer market that was announced in May. It is designated as the AmpliFi-R. It includes the same base as the AmpliFi HD but does not include the two additional mesh points that can be used to extend wireless coverage throughout your house.
The AmpliFi-R has an MSRP of $149.99. That’s a $200 reduction in price over the bundled AmpliFi HD. Ubiquiti’s press did not respond before publication whether those mesh points would be available for purchase individually if you wanted to add to the AmpliFi-R in the future though it is capable of connecting to the mesh points. The mesh points are not listed for sale on the Amplifi site store.
- Instant Setup: The AmpliFi router can be instantly detected and set up using a mobile app (download for iOS or Android) or using a standard web browser.
- Sleek Design: The adjustable, full-color, interactive LCD touchscreen display and adjustable LED deliver the easiest-to-use experience. The built-in LCD touchscreen shows Wi-Fi network performance, connected devices, and more.
- Fast Performance: Features the latest 802.11AC standards, 3×3 MIMO technology, and a 5-port Gigabit Ethernet.
- Powerful Features: Including parental controls, Wi-Fi guest options, device fingerprinting, and speediest capability.
- Mesh-able: Multiple AmpliFi HD Routers or Mesh Points can be automatically linked together to further expand network range and performance.
The AmpliFi systems were available for pre-order with the announcement and were reaching customers this Summer. They are now available for pre-order on Amazon with expected delivery of November 21st.