Roku has announced their anticipated new streaming box with the latest and greatest features including 4K streaming. Between the Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV, Roku has been absent from the updated line-up until today. The announcement details the new features of the streaming device and updates to the Roku OS that it utilizes. It also continues to provide the same wide variety of supported channels to access content.
- Brilliant picture and stunning performance for both 4K UHD TVs and regular HD TVs
- Quad-Core processor, up to 60 fps 4K streaming, HDCP 2.2 and Optical Audio Out
- Sleek 1080p home screen and user interface
- 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi for optimal wireless
- Access to more streaming channels for 4K entertainment than any other streaming player with selections from Netflix, M-Go, Amazon Instant Video, ToonGoogles, Vudu and You Tube
- Curated 4K Spotlight channel exclusive to Roku 4 offers instant access to 4K movies, TV shows and more
- 4K UHD category within the Roku Channel Store to make finding streaming channels with 4K entertainment quick and easy
- Remote control with voice search, headphone jack for private listening, and the new Remote Finder
- Roku mobile app for Android and iOS offering full device control, ability to play your phone’s photos, videos, and music on TV, personalized screensavers for the Roku 4 and soon, on-the-go access for following entertainment when away from home
Roku OS 7
- Unprecedented Level of Entertainment Search and Discovery
- Travel and Connect Anywhere
- New Roku mobile app offers companion experience
The Roku 4 is available for pre-order from Roku.com today for $129.99 with an expected ship date of October 21st and will be in-stores late October. Roku OS 7 will roll out to current generation Rokus beginning mid-October through November.