Adobe announced yesterday that Adobe Creative Cloud has reached its 2015 milestone. The new release updates Adobe’s applications for new features and improved performance for desktop apps and mobile apps.
From the Creative Cloud blog:
More Adobe magic and huge performance improvements in fifteen desktop apps:
- In Adobe Photoshop CC, Artboards lets you make multiple layouts of different sizes in a single document, and the new Device Preview shows how designs and interactivity will look and adapt on mobile. The Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush, and Patch tools have been turbocharged with Mercury Graphics Engine enhancements, so you get results up to 120 times faster than you would if you were using CS6. And be sure to check out the new Photoshop Design Space (Preview Technology), a streamlined experience optimized for designing websites and mobile apps.
- Adobe Illustrator CC is the fastest version yet—ten times faster and ten times more precise than CS6. Thanks to a new Mercury Performance System boost, you can pan, zoom and scroll faster and more smoothly, and zoom into your artwork to create and edit with incredible precision. And should your system crash before you’ve had a chance to save, just relaunch the app and your work will be restored.
- Adobe InDesign CC gets its own Mercury performance surge with twice as fast zooming, scrolling, and paging through complex documents. InDesign CC now also lets you publish and distribute documents with a single click.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC includes Dehaze, a stunning new feature (also available in Photoshop CC) that lets you eliminate fog and haze from images—even underwater shots. Or you can add haze for artistic effect.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC continues to lead the video industry and this is our best release yet. The intuitive and powerful Lumetri Color panel helps you make instant color corrections, and Morph Cut magically smooths and polishes jump cuts and dialogue pauses to deliver a polished interview. With brand new Creative Cloud Libraries integration, Premiere Pro CC takes full advantage of CreativeSync technology so assets like color “Looks” and graphics flow seamlessly between Adobe mobile apps and Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC and more.
- Adobe After Effects CC dramatically improves your productivity with new support for Creative Cloud Libraries so all of your assets are at your fingertips. Uninterrupted Preview allows you to adjust a composition’s properties and even resize panels without interrupting playback. Make sure you also check out the groundbreaking new Character Animator, which tracks your movements via webcam and transposes them onto a 2D character.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC reduces the effort to create mobile websites with support for responsive design to create production‐ready websites that dynamically adapt to various screen sizes, and includes the ability to preview and test websites on multiple devices in real time.
- Adobe Muse CC has instant access to the fonts in Typekit, making it easier to get your web designs done faster. Adobe Muse can also integrate blogs, shopping carts, and more using new widgets downloaded from the Library panel.
The release of Adobe CC (2015) also includes security updates for Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge CC, so it is recommended to update for that reason alone. The Adobe CC 2015 update is available immediately for Creative Cloud subscribers. You can view videos of the new features at makeit.adobe.com.
Adobe also introduced Adobe Stock, a marketplace of stock photos with over 40 million photos, illustrations, and graphics.
Adobe Stock is available starting today in 36 countries and 13 languages and stock.adobe.com is a beautiful and easy- to-use standalone web site where you can purchase, download or sell stock images. While anyone can purchase Adobe Stock, an exclusive discount for Creative Cloud members lets you save up to 40% on the “10 images per month” plan. If you’re simply looking for one perfect image, pricing begins at $9.99 and we also have plans for power stock users.
For more details, read “Adobe Stock: Shaking Up The Stock Content Market.“
Lastly, Adobe talked about Adobe CreativeSync, a core part of Creative Cloud:
At the heart of Creative Cloud is Adobe CreativeSync—an exclusive technology that ensures that your files, photos, fonts, vector graphics, brushes, colors, settings, metadata and stock images from Adobe Stock instantly appear in your workflow right where you need them. CreativeSync lets you start your creative work on any device and seamlessly pick it up on another. From initial idea to finished work, CreativeSync is the engine that lets you create wherever you are.