Windows 10 introduces some new features and navigation capabilities. With that, it can mean new keyboard shortcuts to simplifying interacting with the new features like the task view and virtual desktop.
- Snapping window: WIN + LEFT or RIGHT (can be used with UP or DOWN to get into quadrants)
- Switch to recent window: ALT + TAB (unchanged) – Hold shows new Task view window view, let go and switches to app.
- Task view: WIN + TAB – New Task view opens up and stays open.
- Create new virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + D
- Close current virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + F4
- Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT
You might also be interested in reviewing the previously documented keyboard shortcuts in Windows 8 as most of them are carried over to the Windows 10 Technical Preview.
With the command prompt finally getting some attention, Scott Hanselman detailed the keyboard shortcuts for use in the updated console. Most importantly, you can let your concerns subside knowing that Ctrl+C will work double duty in the technical preview to both copy selected text and send the BREAK signal when there is not text selected, such as to interrupt a loop or ongoing command/script.