WordPress 3.5 is hot off the presses. The latest release provides some enhancements to features that have been in sore need.
The media manager is where the most attention was spent and it looks like a worthwhile upgrade for media. This will hopefully make it a more enjoyable experience to write and include media.
New Media Manager
- Beautiful interface: A streamlined, all-new experience
- Create galleries faster with drag-and-drop reordering, inline caption editing, and simplified controls
- Insert multiple images at once with Shift/Ctrl+click
New Default Theme – Twenty Twelve
- Simple, flexible, elegant
- Mobile-first, responsive design
- Gorgeous Open Sans typeface
- Uses the latest Theme Features
- New Welcome Screen
- Retina-Ready (HiDPI) Admin
- Hide Link Manager for new installs
- Better accessibility for screenreaders, touch devices, and keyboard users
- More polish on admin screens, including a new color picker
WordPress 3.5 is codenamed “Elvin” for Elvin Jones, drummer with John Coltrane.
If you’re ready to upgrade, you can update from within the WordPress Admin Site or download from WordPress.or