Adobe isn’t abandoning Adobe Flash any time soon but that doesn’t mean they can’t grab hold of the next big thing either, which in this case would be HTML 5. From the Adobe Labs, they’re providing Adobe Edge in its preview form until it launches a full product later on.
Edge will be updated regularly to add new functionality, stay ahead of evolving web standards, and incorporate user feedback to provide the best functionality and experience possible. This is an early look at Edge with more capabilities to come.
This version of Edge focuses primarily on adding rich motion design to new or existing HTML projects, that runs beautifully on devices and desktops.
- Create new compositions with Edge’s drawing and text tools.
- Import popular web graphics such as SVG, PNG, JPG or GIF files.
- Easily choreograph animation with the timeline editor. Animate position, size, color, shape, rotation and more at the property level.
- Energize existing HTML files with motion, while preserving the integrity of CSS-based HTML layouts.
- Copy and paste transitions, invert them, and choose from over 25 built-in easing effects for added creativity.
Watch for newer versions and check out more details of Adobe Edge at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/