It was just under 200 posts ago and a year ago (the last Friday in July) that I was wishing you a happy sysadmin day back in 2008. Hopefully the past year has gone smooth for you and we’ve all learned a thing or two thousand in that time to perform the demanding tasks in IT better.
If you’re not in Information Technology, be sure to wish your IT department a Happy SysAdmin Day. If you are in IT, Happy SysAdmin Day and be sure to pass along the wishes to your colleagues.
Donuts are in the break room and here’s to another great year! Post some of your goals and aspirations for the next year in the comments.
Find out more about SysAdmin Day at the official website.
I’ve included some computer/IT-related jokes here hopefully for some laughs (censored and filtered down from computerjokes.net):
Santa is a System Administrator?
- Santa is bearded, corpulent, and dresses funny.
- When you ask Santa for something, the odds of receiving what you wanted are infinitesimal.
- Santa seldom answers your mail.
- When you ask Santa where he gets all the stuff he’s got, he says, “Elves make it for me.”
- Santa doesn’t care about your deadlines.
- Your parents ascribed supernatural powers to Santa, but did all the work themselves.
- Nobody knows who Santa has to answer to for his actions.
- Santa laughs entirely too much.
- Santa thinks nothing of breaking into your HOME.
- Only a lunatic says bad things about Santa in his presence.
Tech Support: “I need you to right-click on the Desktop.”
Tech Support: “Did you get a pop-up menu?”
Tech Support: “Ok. Right click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?”
Tech Support: “Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?”
Customer: “Sure, you told me to write ‘click’ and I wrote click’.”