Ahead of Mobile World Congress 2016, Samsung has introduced their latest version of their Android flagship phone. The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge build on previous versions with improvements to the camera, water resistance, and an add-on slot for external storage.
The Galaxy S7 has a 5.1-inch display while the Galaxy S7 edge display is 5.5-inches. The phones are constructed of glass and metal. The hybride SIM card tray allows a microSD card of up to 200GB to provide additional storage or it can operate as a dual SIM car in select countries. Both models continue to offer fast wired and wireless charging.
The phones will launch with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, support LTE networks, and boast 4GB of RAM and 32 or 64GB of storage configurations. The displays are both Quad HD Super AMOLED with 2560 x 1440 resolution. The battery is a 3,000 mAh in the S7 and 3,600 mAh in the S7 edge. The CPU will be octa-core or quad-core Exynos 8 processors but may differ based on market and LTE compatibility. The camera software includes a new camera mode, Motion Panorama, to allow movement with panoramic photos. The camera includes a new feature for the first Dual Pixel camera on a smartphone, allowing for quality photos even in low light.
Thanks to the revolutionary Dual Pixel technology, brighter lens with wider aperture, and bigger pixel, the camera has a faster shutter speed and a more accurate autofocus even in low-light conditions.
The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will be available on March 11th, 2016.
Related press releases:
- Samsung Unveils Next Generation Smartphones at the Core of its Connected Galaxy Experience
- Samsung Reimagines the Way Moments are Captured and Shared with Gear 360
- Samsung announces the Enterprise Device Program Focused on Security, Productivity and Choice
- Pre-Order Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge at Best Buy, Get Gear VR, too
- T-Mobile Launches Pre-Order of New Samsung Galaxy S7 With $0 Down Offer + a Full Year of Netflix—On Us!
- U.S. Cellular Kicks off Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Presale on Feb. 23 with Free Samsung Gear VR; In Store Sales Begin on March 11
- Introducing Galaxy Forever, Only from Sprint; Gives Customers Annual Upgrade to Samsung Flagship Galaxy Smartphones
- Intel Security to Help Protect Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- Whitepages Partners with Samsung to Bring its Leading Caller Identification and Spam Detection Service to the Galaxy S7
- The new generation of work-ready Android devices is here